In October 2018 the SFB/TRR 109 will hold an International Conference on "Discretization in Geometry and Dynamics" in Döllnsee Schorfheide. During the five day conference, renowned guests will present talks on a wide spectrum of subjects related to the research themes of our Collaborative Research Centre. Furthermore there will be presentations of the advances made within our own research units and ample opportunity for scientific exchange and stimulating discussions in an informal atmosphere.
- Cédric Boutillier (Univerité Pierre et Marie Curie)
- Joel Hass (UC Davies)
- Hermen Jan Hupkes (Leiden University)
- Martin Lotz (University of Manchester)
- Feng Luo (Rudgers University)
- Elizabeth Mansfield (University of Kent)
- Frank Nijhoff (University of Leeds)
- Bernd Sturmfels (MPI Leipzig)
- Uli Wagner (IST Austria)
The hotel is located in the UNESCO-biosphere reserve „Schorfheide-Chorin“ which was established in 1990 over an area of approx. 1.300 square kilometers, and is one of the largest protected areas in Germany. Situated in the north-eastern part of Brandenburg, including a major part of the regions Uckermark and Barnim, it represents an impressive cultural landscape with more than 320 lakes, thousands of bogs and mires, extensive forests, meadows and arable land.
Information on the conference location: Hotel Döllnsee-Schorfheide